Client Case Study:
Major Nonprofit Organization
Right Name & Place
Find and reconnect with lapsed donors who have made contributions in the past but can no longer be located because of outdated records, and improve campaign ROI by establishing a high degree of deliverability and record accuracy.
For nonprofit organizations, reactivating lapsed donors is critical. In an effort to improve campaign ROI and reconnect with them, a well-known nonprofit organization was looking to target people who have contributed to the organization in the past, but have since been unreachable because their information is out-of-date or inaccurate (i.e. they moved to a new address, changed their name, or used a nickname).
In a 2016 Fundraising Effectiveness Survey of 9,922 nonprofits conducted by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, it was found that only 46% of donors who contributed to a nonprofit in 2014 made a repeat gift in 2015.
It is believed that the cost of acquiring a new donor is 5 to 7 times more than the cost of successfully resoliciting a current one, underscoring the importance of locating that remaining 54% of disappearing donors and reestablishing a relationship with them. In order to do so, it's important that the address on file for a given donor is accurate - and with 30% fewer people registering their change of address with the USPS, PCOA is critical.
To achieve the high degree of deliverability needed to optimize their campaign, the organization used Link2Me Right Name & Place to ensure the accuracy of their lapsed donor records.
Key Performance Measures were:
- Number of addresses identified as incorrect and changed
- Number of names/identities corrected
- Resulting elimination of duplicates
- Response rate to names mailed Results
- Link2Me Right Name & Place resulted in significant savings for the client. During 2015, the client sent in over 1 million lapsed donors, Link2Me corrected 66,000+ records.
- Based on the client's mail costs of $250/M, Link2Me saved the client over $16,500!
- In addition, Link2Me Right Name & Place significantly outperformed the other two service providers - generating a response rate that was 150% higher than the competition. And Link2Me delivered substantially higher average gifts.
After successfully testing it in 2013, this nonprofit client has incorporated Link2Me Right Name & Place into all six of their annual campaigns year over year, and have seen it continually outperform NCOA each time.